Friday 3 October 2014

Purple Reign, Purple Reign!

Goooood evening!!

Now as much as I love summer (and all that warm sunshine when we actually get it!) Autumn is definitely my favourite time of year. The cold, crisp days with crunchy leaves on the ground & snuggly layers make me so happy! One of my favourite things about this time of year is the change in make up palette, with much darker yet warmer shades being used. Because of this, I thought it would be a good time to discuss some of my favourite purple products, as this is a colour that I shall be using a lot over the next few months.


I'll start with the lips, and there are 2 products in my collection which stand out the most to me. Firstly is the Revlon ColourBurst Balm Stain in the shade 005 (Crush). 


This is a product which I purchased a little while ago in anticipation of Autumn starting! It's priced at £7.99 in Boots but I purchased it during a 3 for 2 offer across Revlon product, which they have started again now so it's a good time to go and get it! The lip stain has a beautiful gloss to it and applies very smoothly to the lips. The pointed crayon shape is ideal for getting into the corners of the lips so I don't require lip liner when wearing it. I find that the colour does need to be reapplied after eating, drinking etc but it does not wear off as quickly as other products that I've tried, so really not a bad choice if you're looking for something a bit less maintenance. It also isn't as drastic in colour as some of the other purples on the market, so if you are unsure about trying out darker shades this could be a good staring point. 

The second lip product is the Rimmel London Lasting Finish lipstick in shade 128 (Starry Eyed). 


As you can see, this is slightly more darker than the Revlon crayon but I'm all for dark purple lips! I purchased this for £4.99 from Boots and actually bought it because I had a MAC Creme Sheen shade (A23-Dare You) that I was really disappointed with & they were similar colours! Unlike the MAC lipstick, this one did not dry out my lips and was also much longer lasting. The lipstick itself is really creamy so applies nice & evenly, and I just love the colour! I do use a lip liner with this one (Rimmel London Lasting Finish- 1000 Kisses) to keep my lines neat & tidy. A good product with a very reasonable price tag!

Next up we move to the eyes, and this is quite a new purchase for me but one that I have used a lot already! It is the MAC Pro Palette refill pan eyeshadow in the shade Sketch, which was £10 (to be used in the Pro Palette).


I hadn't heard of this colour before, but since using it (and loving it!) I have had many compliments, and strangely enough the assistant that served me in MAC was actually wearing it herself when I purchased. It does look slightly brown in the picture which is annoying as in reality it is a beautiful deep shade of purple. The colour blends so well due to the high pigmentation and applies so evenly. It is the perfect shade for the A/W smokey eye and I can't recommend it enough! It's one that I will certainly be repurchasing throughout the season!

Finally I have chosen one for the nails, and this is a polish from Barry M in the shade RedBlack. 


If you have read any of my other posts you may have worked out by now that I'm a bit of a Barry M fan! Of all the colours I own (and believe me, there are quite a lot!) this has to be one of my favourites. It's an absolute steal at only £2.99 from Boots or Superdrug and there's normally always a 3 for 2 offer or similar as well. The colour is PERFECT for A/W, I'm just sad that I only tend to wear it in the colder months before swapping it for brighter shades in the Spring. I would say that you definitely need to apply 2 layers, as the first cost is a bit patchy & thin looking and is mainly a red tone. Once you have applied the second coat though you get the gorgeous dark colours coming through and achieve the result above. I adore the glossiness which really compliments the colour, and provided that you use a top coat the varnish does stay on for a very respectable amount of time. It really is a great product! 

That's it for my purple faves, I hope you enjoyed reading about them and maybe even try some yourself. Comment below with your favourite purple coloured products that you feel are missing, I'm very keen to try out some more!

Until next time xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...